Saturday, January 23, 2010

Who's Your Web2.0 Hero? Andy Carvin

I jumped on the web2.0 bandwagon a while back, but in earnest 13 months ago. In that time, I've discovered the amazing resources of a PLN via Twitter, one of which has been Andy Carvin National Public Radio's social media manager.

Shortly after the earthquake in Haiti, Andy was in the fray establishing stateside Crisis Camps in which blogger, coders, and tech geeks aplenty could collaborate on developing tools and resources to aid relief efforts in Haiti.

Andy appeared on NPR today (1/23) and spoke about these camps and how web2.0 toools have taken an increasing mroe active role in disasters over teh past 5 years.

Thank you Andy for your efforts, your work has touched me and the lives of so many here and in Haiti, I'm dubbing you my first ever Web2.0 hero.

If you have a Web2.0 hero Let me know about them

-SchlegsofTonka

No comments:

Post a Comment